Rudy Giuliani has published in a Townhall.com article his 12-point “Contract with America”. Take this link to read the contract’s fine print. The following is the 12-point outline with Giuliani’s opening and closing paragraphs.
I am making 12 Commitments to the American People. They are intended to lift our vision from the rearview mirror to the road ahead. If I am elected president, I want to be held accountable for the progress we make as a nation.
1) I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists’ War on Us.
2) I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
3) I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
4) I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.
5) I will impose accountability on Washington.
6) I will lead America towards energy independence.
7) I will give Americans more control over their health care with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
9) I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.
10) I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
11) I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
12) I will expand America’s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.
These 12 Commitments offer an action plan to focus America on the future. Over the course of this campaign, I’m going to present each policy in greater detail. And when we get to Washington, we’re going to put these ideas into action. Guided by these 12 Commitments, we will hand our nation over to the next generation far better than it was handed to us.
Fred Thompson’s potential candidacy has generated a lot of excitement, but one has to ask why. Is it because Thompson is an exhilirating candidate, or is it because the other guys are lackluster?